WARRANTY STATEMENT FOR NON-MEDICAL LED MODULES
All Optoga AB non-medical LED modules sold by Optoga AB to our customers are warranted for a period of five year. The warranty period commences from the date of product installation but not more than five years and three months after dispatch date from Optoga AB’s distribution center or distributor.
All Optoga AB non-medical LED modules fulfill L70B50 unless specified different. Operating conditions and performance tolerance are specified in each respective module datasheet. The warranty is for five years conforming to the L70B50. The warranty covers failures due to defects in material and workmanship but does not cover defects resulting from mishandling, improper operation outside of the thermal environment specified in the product datasheet, misapplication, or any unauthorized modification.
The warranty requires return of products directly to Optoga AB in Sweden. An RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number must be obtained from Optoga AB’s distributor in order to proceed with the product return. Customers will be provided a shipping account by Optoga AB’s distributor for shipment return but must make sure the packaging of returned goods will prevent breakage in transit.
Supporting information stated below is required to obtain an RMA number:
- Written notification of non-conformance must be made to Optoga AB’s distributor within 30 days of initial claim by the end customer.
- Proof of Purchase and Product Identification Numbers.
- Information about the end customer who is making the claims under warranty such as their name and address.
- Description of application in which Optoga AB modules are installed such as date, quantity and type of fixtures.
- Description of conditions in which Optoga AB modules are stored such as temperature, humidity and packaging.
Optoga AB reserves the right to replace items of a claim within the warranty period. If a claim is valid, Optoga AB will decide on the quantities of replacement of product. Replacement of product will meet or exceed specifications of the original products.
Limitation of Liability
Except for the commitments outlined above, Optoga AB’s liability shall be limited to the actual purchase price of any defective unit for which a claim is made, and shall in no event include the customer’s manufacturing costs or lost profits. Optoga AB will not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or any other type of damages.
Effective date: July 9, 2018.